Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cartoon Saturday

The Federal Aviation Administration is restricting the airspace over Rhinebeck, New York, for Chelsea Clinton's wedding today; controversy continues over Arizona's law which criminalizes breaking immigration laws (can you imagine?); in Iran, a woman convicted of adultery after receiving 99 lashes and condemned to death by stoning won't be stoned to death, but still faces a death sentence; Mexican drug lord Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel Villareal, a principal leader of the Sinaloa drug cartel, was killed during a police raid in Guadalajara; and holier-than-thou self-appointed watchdog Julian Assange, the founder of the website WikiLeaks, says he is disappointed by criticism from Secretary of Defense Robert Gates over the release of about 76,000 pages of U.S. documents related to the war in Afghanistan (cue the sorrowful music).

The news may stay bad, but Cartoon Saturday is always here to help you deal with it.

Some cell phones may not work as well as others, but they're certainly cheaper...

I sometimes think things are getting just too specialized...

This is about the same relationship I have with my financial adviser...

This is about the only way I can do it, too...

Being a teacher is a tough job, but some times it's tougher than others...

And finally, some people just have no luck...

It looks like it may be a nice weekend here in Northern Virginia, with moderating temperatures and the humidity down from the triple-digits. I don't know how we'll deal with it, but I'm sure we'll manage. Hope the weather is good where you are.

Have a good day and a relaxing weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

KathyA said...

No surprise...my favorite is the one with the teacher. :)
Will we see you at the wedding?

Bilbo said...

Sadly, no...I believe my invitation must have been lost in the mail, for I can't believe we would have been overlooked after all the trouble I've gone to to move up from the X-list to the A-list...

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I want to see those air-conditioned port-a-potties at the wedding. Sadly I wasn't invited either...and I wanted to hit on Chelsea's daddy.

Mike said...

When I first saw the hells angel seeing eye dog I thought it might be a recessionary seeing eye dog that had to lead two people instead of one.