Saturday, November 06, 2010

Cartoon Saturday

After a wonderful party at the dance studio last night, the 20-minute drive home took me an hour and a half because of the traffic mess resulting from a huge accident (not mine, fortunately); Antonio Ezequiel Cardenas Guillen, one of the top drug lords in one of Mexico's largest and most feared drug cartels, was killed yesterday in a fierce gunfight with Mexican soldiers; in Indonesia, at least 76 people are dead in the continuing eruption of the Mount Merapi volcano; leaders of the GOP (that would be "The Party of No") are thumping their electoral chests and demanding that President Obama make all the compromises they steadfastly refused to make for the last two years; and in Oakland, California, rioters were said to be "tearing up the city" as they protested a two-year sentence for a former transit police officer convicted for killing an unarmed man.

I don't know about you, but I could use a dose of Cartoon Saturday right now.

As soon as I saw this cartoon, I thought about Mike and his work with Habitat for Humanity ...

You'll know we've reached the ultimate in outsourcing when ...

I never saw this sign when I was going to my Catholic grade school, but I guess it wouldn't have surprised me ...

I think I should have a few of these all-purpose protest signs made up for the next time I run into a Tea Party rally. But then, I might end up getting my head stomped ... and have the ass clown who did the stomping demand an apology from me ...

This one goes out to all my Facebook friends who appear to spend all their time playing Farmville, Zoo World, Mafia Wars, and all the other games. You know who you are ...

And finally, there are some signs that the restaurant you chose to impress your date might end up being just a wee bit out of your price range ...

It looks like it will be a sunny, if cold weekend here in Northern Virginia. Once I wrap up this post, I'll walk the dog, pack up the computer, and head for my daughter's house, where we'll test the limits of my technological savvy as we try to organize a Skype video chat with Agnes, who is now in Germany visiting her parents. If you think getting two children - ages 3 years and 8 months - to sit still for photographs can be a challenge, this ought to be really good. I'll let you know tomorrow how it came out.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Love the last one about the swanky restaurant

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I read and waste time playing games on Facebook!! But I don't do mafia wars..

KathyA said...

That sounds like it will be real fodder for another post! Can't wait to read about it.

My favorite is "What's your point, Jack Ass?"

And my new hobby is thinking of what GOP really stands for. Gang of Poops?

Mike said...

Fashion is not my thing. On or off the Habitat job.