Monday, November 22, 2010

We're Back!

After a fun-filled and calorie-laden family reunion weekend, Agnes and I finally got home last night. As you know by now, we celebrate Thanksgiving twice each year: we have a family reunion celebration the weekend before the holiday, then have a private celebration with a few friends on the holiday itself. The family reunion is usually the most fun, as we try to bring in all the far-flung members of the family for one day to catch up on things and celebrate being part of a large and loving group.

Here are a few pictures...

Our traditional group picture - Great Grandpa with many (not all, unfortunately) of his children and grandchildren, and all five of his great-grandchildren:

Bilbo and Agnes show off the world's most adorable and intelligent grandchildren:

Everyone showed up with a good appetite. Our youngest grandchild, Elise, seems to like turkey:

I spend a few minutes on break watching "Toy Story 3" with a lapful of grandchildren - Noah and Leya:

I haven't seen my cousin Claudia since I was in high school, but she finally moved back to the Pittsburgh area and was able to come to the reunion. I think she aged better than I did...

Leya and Marcy examine cousin Elena's head. Really...

We had plenty of food...

And when it was all over, some of us couldn't move very well...

There were lots of other pictures, but those will have to do for now. And also for now, I must go...for we didn't get home in time to rescue Nessa from the kennel, and she'll be ready to come home.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

Raquel's World said...

You have a beautiful family and a beautiful wife. Lucky You!

Mike said...

"I think she aged better than I did..."

..........................

The Mistress of the Dark said...

You truly have a gorgeous family!

Amanda said...

Yes, you really do have a beautiful and big family. That photo with all your grand kids is especially sweet.

KathyA said...

Those ARE beautiful and intelligent-looking children! Great gene pool!

Looks like you had wonderful food as well.

I love the multi-generational photo.