Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Odds and Ends

Yes, it's happened again - I'm running late. Agnes comes back from Germany on Wednesday afternoon, and I need to clean up all the party rubble get the house looking nice for when she returns. With this in mind, here are a few useful and/or just plain funny things from my collection...

This may help you evaluate the impact of the inevitable sex scandals that will come up in the 2012 presidential campaign season ...

There will also be the inevitable things trotted out (usually out of context) from a politician's past ...

The historian in me really likes this one ...

There's nothing like a good pun ...

And then, there's the good advice for those who didn't vote in the recent midterm elections. Or in any elections, for that matter ...

New topic: does anyone have any idea why my beloved Firefox browser suddenly stopped connecting to the internet? I upgraded to version 3.6.12 for Mac yesterday (I'm running Snow Leopard OS version 10.6.5), and ever since it petulantly refuses to find any web sites. Yes, the Internet connection is fine - I can send and receive e-mail, but for browsing I'm reduced to using Safari, which I detest. Any ideas? There's nothing on the Mozilla help sites. AARRGGHH!!

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

allenwoodhaven said...

Love the "scissors beat paper" one! That is inspired!

Good luck getting things back in their place. Don't do too good a job though - she'll either suspect something's up or expect it to be that way from now on.... (an attempt at humor; I'm sure Agnes will just be gald to be back home with you.)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I love the sex scandal one..if only it would open in a new tab so I could read it all.

Raquel's World said...

I love the one about Stop Whining...boy do I agree with that one.

Mike said...

You're having browser problems, the first three pictures won't open in a new window (last two will), you have a MAC ..... I know the solution! You need Bill Gates on your side. A PC with IE8 will fix you right up!

KathyA said...

Running late at 4:49 AM!!????

I'm trying to think of a punny comment for 'a lesser of two weavils' and I can't. I'm slipping -- or maybe it's just the hour.