Monday, August 05, 2013

More Great Moments in Editing


Yesterday we spent the day at the King's Dominion amusement park with our local grandchildren, and got home quite late, thanks to the horrendous northbound traffic on I-95. As a result, I am tired and cranky this morning, and in the mood for a simple topic for today's post. How about a few more selections from the "Great Moments in Editing" collection, eh?

Waaaaay back in November of 2006, I wrote a post about the "Office of Strategic Diversity Integration" on the Air Staff at the Pentagon*. It looks like the Air Force isn't the only organization to worship at the festooned altar of "diversity" ...


Somehow, I think I'll take the poor sex ...


So THAT's what all those big things over the water in Pittsburgh were for! ...


Some people who go to the movies and feel the need to discuss it on Facebook just aren't very bright ...


I'm not sure if this ad is a reflection of poor meat preparation or poor mathematics ...


Now, I support increasing job opportunities for amputees, but this may go a bit too far ...


I don't know what to say about this one, other than there's a sign painter out there who needs a dictionary ...


I've been known to use placeholding text in draft documents I'm working on, but I usually try to replace it with the final version before going to press ...


I think this deputy may be looking for a new job as well as a new car ...


And finally for today, from the Department of Well, Duh ...


And that's the way it is in the land of marvelous editing for today. Now it's time to get ready to go back to work. Sigh.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

* If you go back and read that post, be advised that the link in it to an embedded article about this office no longer works.

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Kinf of harsh -- a little shoplifting forces one into the realm of strumpetry! Is that sign from Nevada or Atlantic City?

Duckbutt said...

That solves the problem -- people were wondering about why we have bridges, besides spanning troubled waters.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I think they got the wrong idea when it came to diversity.