Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vacation!!!


Yes, the day has finally come for Agnes and I to take our long-anticipated and much-needed vacation. We are headed for Germany to visit our son and his family and Agnes's parents and other relatives, attend the wedding of Agnes's nephew, and generally travel all over the country enriching the coffers of the Deutsche Bahn.

What this means for you, Dear Readers, is that this blog will be posted only intermittently for the next three weeks, because we will not always have Internet access. I'll post when I can, but can't promise regular editions of Cartoon Saturday (my last experience with trusting Blogger to load scheduled posts didn't work out). Sorry about that. Just think how much better you'll feel when we get back and I get back on my regular posting schedule!

For now, how about a couple of travel related cartoons?

It will come as no surprise to you that air travel isn't as much fun as it used to be ...


I looked long and hard for these, but couldn't find them anywhere ...


If you've ever gone through the experience of trying to find the best travel bargain online, you'll appreciate this one ...


Of course, using a real travel agent doesn't always work out, either ...


And finally, some seasoned travelers just can't resist the urge to show off ...


This has nothing to do with travel, but I thought it was very funny - the "Honest Trailers" take on advertising for the last Star Trek film (sorry about the leading advertisement - I wish I knew how to get rid of that stuff) ...



And so, Dear Readers, we're off. Take good care of yourselves, and don't give up on ol' Bilbo even if the posts are not coming as often as usual over the next few weeks ... I'll be back.

Have a good day. More thoughts when we get a good Internet connection.

Bilbo

10 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Have a great time!!!!!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a great vacation! I hope you will have a great trip.

Enjoyed the travel cartoons.

The Bastard King of England said...

Have a great trip!

Big Sky Heidi said...

Seeing the trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness was worth the ad! That was a real hoot!

Have a great European Vacation!

Kristen Drittsekkdatter said...

Garmany and Northern Europe is so pleasant and beautiful in the Fall. Have a nice vacation.

Mike said...

Try not to look to much like an American. Didn't you say before that people over there think you're from Denmark when you're speaking German?

Bilbo said...

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! And Mike, they think I'm Dutch, not Danish. Someone speaking Dutch sounds like someone with a bad cold speaking German.

Unknown said...

Take me with you!

Brandi said...

I enjoy your colum. Have a safe trip!

Duckbutt said...

Have an enjoyable European vacation!