Friday, January 17, 2014

Editorial Gems for a January Friday


I'm feeling lazy, and it's been two weeks since we last looked at great moments in editing, so why not? ...

Food, in all its various forms, is a great source of editorial gems. For instance, why not enjoy a tuna massage today? ...


I wonder how many of the judges were women? ...


Grapeless grapes! I imagine they'd be very low-calorie ...


Nice of them to offer a Cannibal Special breakfast ...


This may be why inept English teachers tend to die out early ...


Well, who else would you expect to issue such a warning? ...


I wonder if it hurt? ...


I didn't know if I wanted to include this one, because it might seem a little ... uh ... corny ...


 But enough about food ... other things sometimes go on sale, too ...


Finally, from the Really Dumb Criminals department ...


And so another week comes to an end. In other news, new entries continue to come in for our Last Supper List compilation, which has turned out to be one of my most popular posts in terms of your responses ... you can look at all the LSL's, including the new suggestions from allen, Kathy and Purple Flowers here.

Have a good day. See you tomorrow for Cartoon Saturday.

Bilbo

8 comments:

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Bad Ikea!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A massage that results in your being pursued by cats?

Does that make Ikea a friend with benefits?

People should definitely heed warnings from Jack Daniel. Jim Beam is less reliable.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

That's an unusual watermelon!

Mike said...

I wonder if my neighbor......

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I can usually bribe Rick to go to IKEA with me by telling him we can eat lunch there. I usually get a salad and he eats those horse meatballs. Now this. How am I ever going to get him to go with me now? He hates salad. Dang it Bill

Duckbutt said...

I hope that watermelon is at least seedless!

The Bastard King of England said...

Really great typos!

Grand Crapaud said...

Risqué named bread!