Monday, August 17, 2015

Guest Post


Hi, folks! It's me again, Clara, Bilbo and Agnes's granddog.


I haven't had a chance to post for a while*, because I've been in the doghouse (literally) after eating the living room couch at home. There's no Internet connection in my doghouse out in the yard, so I had to wait until I had a chance to visit Bilbo and Agnes again. They're still asleep, so I have a chance to give you another dog's-eye view of things.

First of all, if you have a dog or a child of your own, I hope you're paying attention to the heat this summer and not leaving him (or her) in the car unattended. We can suffer and die very quickly in a hot car, so please be sure you know what you're doing. We dogs will happily give our lives to protect you and your children ... we don't expect you to do the same, but we do expect you to take care of us!

I had a great time this past weekend when we celebrated the birthday of Leya, Bilbo's granddaughter and one of the children I watch over. It was a pool party on a hot day, and they let me go in the pool and have snacks and everything. I'm a pit bull, and we're not usually water dogs, but a hot day brings out my inner Retriever. It was especially fun when the kids would throw things into the pool and let me dive in after them. Is this a great dive or what?


Of course, it's not easy doing all that swimming and playing and protecting the children and policing up all the food that happens to fall to the ground ... even a dedicated and hard-working dog like me needs a rest once in a while!


Well, I guess that's it for now. I know that this is what you humans call an "election season," and that means that a lot of people do a lot of talking without having much worthwhile to say. We dogs aren't like that. When we bark, it's because we have something important to say. It might be something as simple as "there's a dog on guard here, so stay out" or as important as "the children are in danger!", but we don't bark just for the sake of barking, like that stupid Trump guy.

As Bilbo would say, have a good day. He'll be back tomorrow.

Until then, arf!

Clara

* You can read my last post here, in case you missed it.

4 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Hello, Clara! I hope you get out of the doghouse soon! That's a great dive; and good advice about barking only when you have something important to say.

Could we put the Trumpster in the doghouse? He's barking up the wrong tree. At least he's not chewing up the sofa yet. Maybe he needs to find his niche as a junkyard dog.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bilbo - too funny. I had a post of Izzy's. I think I'll wait now. We need to give our attention to Clara, the swimming pit bull. Love it!
She ate the couch? Oooh. I am so fortunate - Izzy has never ever chewed anything other than her toys, nyla bones etc. How'd i get so lucky?

Grand Crapaud said...

Clara is a beautiful dog. And she looks so content stretched out on that poolside lounger!

Mike said...

"Election season" has become continuous.