Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Latest Appointment


SATIRE ALERT!*

In a late-night tweet issued from his headquarters at Trump Tower, president-elect Donald Trump announced that he has selected The Mouth of Sauron as his Press Secretary.


Since the fall of Sauron and the relocation of the Dark Tower of Barad-Dûr to midtown Manhattan, The Mouth of Sauron has been working as a senior advisor to Alex Jones at Infowars.com. Asked whether his ability to serve as president-elect Trump's press secretary would be adversely affected by the fact that Aragorn cut off his head, The Mouth of Sauron denied that a functioning head was a requirement for service in a Trump administration. He will assume the position following the inauguration of the new president on January 20th.

Have a good day. More thoughts - satirical and otherwise - coming.

Bilbo

* Apologies to those of you who already saw this on my Facebook page. I decided to push it out to a larger audience.

7 comments:

Gonzo Dave said...

"He will assume the position..." I think we're ALL gonna have to do that. :-(

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Another appointee to shudder at! At least he's not Jeff Sessions. :-(

I wonder whether Mama will wake me up on Jan. 1 and tell me it's only a nightmare.

Great take on things, Bilbo! He sounds like the ideal Trumpian flack.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Why not Darth Vader? Or is he not wealthy enough?

We are in for a plutocracy. And I don't mean Pluto, the dog!

Mike said...

So we get to listen to Sauron and his siren Kellyanne for four years? (Notice I didn't eight years. I still have a ray of distant hope.)

allenwoodhaven said...

Excellent, just excellent!

I remember a wonderful audio version of the trilogy, done by the BBC many years ago (I had it on cassette until the cassettes died) that had a line about the mouth of Sauron: No story or history recorded his name because he had forgotten it.

10 votes for the American Electorate for the obvious reasons...

Big Sky Heidi said...

We're in for times that try men's souls.

Mike said...

I forgot to vote. 10 votes for the AE.