Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Ass Clown Special Award


Although I normally present my Ass Clown awards every other Friday, such is the degree and extent of ass clownery in modern America that I occasionally feel the need to present an out-of-cycle special award, and so it is today.

My friend Gail, in response to my invitation to nominate other candidates, suggested one that I had completely overlooked among the floating chunks in the Swirling Cesspool of Ass Clownery ... one who is, indeed, a prime representative of the dangerous stupidity that marks many of today's ass clowns. Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Readers, I present an

Ass Clown Special Award


to

Dr Sherri Tenpenny


Dr Tenpenny is a Cleveland-based osteopathic doctor and anti-vaccination activist who was recently invited by GOP legislators in Ohio to present "expert testimony" on a proposed "Vaccine Choice and Anti-Discrimination Act." During her testimony, in which she claimed to have spent 10,000 hours researching vaccines since the beginning of the pandemic, she made the following claim:

“I’m sure you’ve seen the pictures all over the Internet of people who have had these shots and now they’re magnetized ... They can put a key on their forehead. It sticks. They can put spoons and forks all over them and they can stick, because now we think that there’s a metal piece to that.”

She also suggested that vaccines “interface” with 5G cellular towers to create dangerous side effects of Covid-19 immunization*.

Later on in the hearing, a person claiming to be a nurse tried to prove Tenpenny’s theory by trying to stick a key and a bobby pin to her neck. "Explain to me why the key sticks to me. It sticks to my neck too," she said, even though it actually failed to stick.

You can read the evaluations of Tenpenny's ridiculous claims by PolitiFact here.

For the record, both my wife and I have been fully vaccinated (with the Pfizer vaccine) since late last month. Although we remain strongly attracted to each other, we do not stick to the refrigerator, the car, or any other metal items. And while my cell phone uses 5G technology, I have not noted any particular effects that cannot be explained by my already well-developed and acknowledged eccentricity and general orneriness. 

It's one thing for an uneducated and uninformed layman to spread dangerous misinformation about protection against a virus that has killed more than 600,000 Americans. It's irresponsible and extremely dangerous for a person claiming to be a doctor - responsible for healing and care of the sick - to do the same.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Readers, "Doctor" Sherri Tenpenny has earned an Ass Clown Special Award and a Gohmert Stupidity Scale rating of 2,000,000 ghm - near the top end of the scale based on the danger her irresponsible rhetoric poses to persons who believe her ridiculous ideas, but still allowing for expected future growth.

Have a good day. Get vaccinated, to protect yourself and those around you. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

* You can read a thorough analysis and debunking of the Covid-19/5G connection here. It's long and dense with scientific terminology, but the bottom line is that there is no such connection. Where I come from, we call such baseless claims "bullshit."

2 comments:

Mike said...

I don't know if after the shot has affected me more but I am attracted to the refrigerator, a lot.

allenwoodhaven said...

But she knows alternative facts!


Good choice and deserving out of the usual cycle.