Saturday, July 03, 2021

Cartoon Saturday


Three days in and I'm already tired of July ...

Bill Cosby's conviction for sexual assault was overturned by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, and the former comedian and TV star has been released from prison; because it can no longer be sure that machines examined by the "Cyber Ninjas" during their bizarre "audit" of the 2020 election results have not been manipulated, Maricopa County, Arizona, election officials will have to spend millions of dollars to purchase new voting equipment before the next election; the Trump Organization and its Chief Financial Officer have been formally indicted by New York prosecutors with conducting a "sweeping and audacious" tax fraud scheme stretching over more than a decade; combative and politically astute former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has died at age 88; and in Florida, a man named (no kidding) Shaft Bang Adams tried to smuggle four crystals of methamphetamine into a local jail by hiding them in the foreskin of his penis, where they were found during a routine strip search.

This week, because Agnes and I both enjoy cooking as well as eating, I thought a collection of cartoons about food and drink would be fun.

Part of me wants to try the less expensive one ...  


This is why I usually let Agnes select the wine ...


Boy, ain't that the truth? ...


I wonder if it's one of those genetically-modified strains ...


Speaking of which ...


I couldn't pass up such an awful pun ...


Truth ...


Ha, ha, ha, ha ...


We play this game all the time ...


Everybody's a critic ...


And that's it for your holiday weekend Saturday collection of cartoons ... I hope they helped you cope with the world as it is.

Have a good day and a safe, happy Fourth of July weekend. Don't drink and drive, or drink and play with fireworks. I need all the friends I can get.

More thoughts tomorrow, on an Independence Day edition of Musical Sunday.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

I don't know AND I don't care AND no not THAT!

allenwoodhaven said...

One good one after another! And yes, these do help me cope with the world as it is. The last one is my favorite. Thanks!