Saturday, July 24, 2021

Cartoon Saturday


Because Agnes and I are on the road for our beach vacation and may not have a reliable internet connection, I'm scheduling this post ahead of time and dispensing with the usual summary of the week's news. You can thank me later.

This week's collection of cartoons features riffs on books and reading, one of my favorite topics ...

Classic books redone for the time of Covid ...  


Why I prefer real, ink-on-paper books (all these features tend to offset weight and bulk) ...


What book clubs will look like once the religious right has its way ...


Sauce for the gander, eh? ...


Last week, my friend Birgitta asked her friends for reading recommendations*. I wonder if this is how it will all come out ...


I wonder what he came up with ...


The evolution of reading ...


This is how my grandchildren approach my bedtime stories ...


I think they should go to "Current Events" rather than "Nonfiction" ...


Yes, that's a BIG advantage ...


And there you have it ... the next-to-last Cartoon Saturday for July. I hope it inspired you to do some reading other than the rambling and nonsensical “statements” of Der Furor and the ludicrous press releases of the GOP.

Have a good day and a great weekend, and be safe. See you tomorrow for Poetry Sunday ... more thoughts then.

Bilbo

* I suggested The True Believer by Eric Hoffer (for nonfiction) and Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime by John Dunning (for fiction). Both rank among my all-time favorites.

3 comments:

Mike said...

On the evolution one. What is the last person holding?

Bilbo said...

Looks like a crystal ball.

allenwoodhaven said...

I enlarged that last person to see the orb of the future. Probably has some telepathic link streaming everything into the brain. The person sure doesn't look healthy or happy.

Enjoy your beach time!