Sunday, August 15, 2021

Musical Sunday


This past week saw the death of one of my favorite musicians, the wonderful folk singer/songwriter Nanci Griffith. This video is one of my favorite songs, actually written by Richard Thompson but made into a hit by Nanci from her album "Other Voices, Too" ... she sings it here as a duet with Thompson.



The lyrics remind us that life is like a carnival ride:

You're goin' nowhere 
When you ride on the carousel,
And maybe you're strong,
But what's the good of ringin' a bell?
The Switchback will make you crazy,
Beware of the Bearded Lady - 
Oh, let me take my chances
On the Wall of Death!

I'm going to miss Nanci Griffith - the lady who has more songs on my favorites collection than anyone other than Jimmy Buffett.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

1 comment:

Mike said...

So I just spent 20 minutes watching wall of death videos!