Sunday, August 29, 2021

Musical Sunday


This has been a bad month for my favorite singers. Two weeks ago on Musical Sunday we celebrated the wonderful Nanci Griffith, who passed away on Friday the 13th (bad luck for lovers of her musical style), and this past week we mourned the loss of the great Tom T. Hall, whose long history of number one hits cemented his reputation as a wonderful storyteller in song. My favorite Tom T. Hall songs are "Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine" and "Homecoming," but for sheer fun, I'll go with this week's musical offering, in which he tells the story of the week he spent in a county jail ...


When it's my time to go, I hope I'll get to see Tom T. Hall and Nanci Griffith perform again.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

No comments: