Saturday, April 16, 2022

Cartoon Saturday


Geez, what a week it's been ...

Not surprisingly, Russia and Ukraine issued conflicting explanations for the sinking of the Russian Black Sea Fleet flagship Moskva; police in New York City have arrested a suspect in the mass shooting on a subway train that injured 23 people, ten of them by gunfire; in a move sure to help control inflation, Amazon has announced it will apply a 5% fuel and inflation surcharge on purchases; in Grand Rapids, Michigan, a black man was shot in the back of the head by a police officer following a traffic stop, foot chase, and struggle; and in Florida (where else?), authorities in Key West have issued new guidelines for the Key West Fantasy Festival which remove the "fantasy" part and should pacify the state's bizarre governor.

This week, because I'm feeling unusually old, here are some cartoons about us old fogies ...

I send a lot of texts like this, but they're almost never answered ...  


I can relate ...


That's what I'd call it, too ...


Uh, oh ...


I don't mind being recognized as a senior for discount purposes - I worked hard for all this gray hair ...


The real story of what happened to the dinosaurs ...


The passage of time as explained by the no-longer-so-humble telephone ...


Either that, or she's a teacher ...


I wheeze when I'm calm ...


We are well positioned for our retirement, as long as we take up a post-retirement hobby like political graft or other outright theft ...


Have a good day and a great weekend. See you tomorrow for Poetry Sunday ... more thoughts then.

Bilbo

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

Old people jokes aren't as funny as they used to be.

Mike said...

Fossil fuel for sure. I've had mine today.

allenwoodhaven said...

Great edition! Love the Pearls Before Swine. I remember The Time Lady and all the rest.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Thanks!