Saturday, February 18, 2023

Cartoon Saturday


It's shaping up to be quite a year ...

Actress and 1960's sex symbol Racquel Welch passed away at age 82; former South Carolina governor and United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley announced her candidacy for president, becoming the first major challenger to Der Furor for the 2024 Republican nomination; in 2023's latest mass murders by gunfire, three students were murdered and five seriously injured at Michigan State Universityone person was murdered and three others wounded the following day at a shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, and in Arktabula, Mississippi, a man murdered six persons in several locations before being arrested; a court filing in a lawsuit against Fox News shows the network panicking that it had alienated its viewers and damaged its brand by not sufficiently parroting Der Furor’s false claims of election fraud; and in Texas, a man who filmed himself fleeing from a police traffic stop and bragging about eluding the police was identified and has been arrested and charged with a felony after posting the video to YouTube.

Last week's collection of music-related cartoons went over so well that I decided to do a reprise this week. Here are more cartoons riffing on lyrics and band names ...

You probably need to be my age or older to really appreciate this one ...  


Doctor's orders ...


Sorry about this one ...


Don't you wonder sometimes where the inspiration for a song comes from? ..


I've often wondered about this, myself ...


Oy ...


One small step ..


Uh, oh ...


Yes, music can be colorful ...


No, this is not a crappy cartoon ...


And so ends another musical edition of Cartoon Saturday ... I hope it took your mind off all the yucky things going on in the world.

Have a good day and a great weekend. Come back tomorrow, when Poetry Sunday has a timely reminder for you. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

5 comments:

jenny_o said...

Mack the Spoon - lol - and the cold cases :D

I didn't realize just how many song titles had colours in them; it's a connection I just never made.

Mike said...

Nice collection. Love the crayons. I've been saving memes relating to song titles too and I don't see any duplicates here. You could have put links to the songs under the meme although the crayon one would have taken a little time.

allenwoodhaven said...

These are terrific, especially the first one. Thanks! These days we need all the amusement we can get. Hadn't heard about that guy in Texas who filmed AND posted his police evasion; I'm amazed yet not surprised.

River said...

These are great. I love the crayons.

Bilbo said...

Jenny - back when I was a DJ on local radio, I used to periodically run entire shows with the theme of colors; I never ran out of titles.

Mike - linking to the songs is a good idea ... I think I'll have to do that if I run this or a similar theme again.

Allen - I can no longer be surprised by anything that happens in either Texas or Florida.

River - it's a fun theme; glad you liked it!