Sunday, September 06, 2026

Musical Sunday


As I've written about before in this space, the true foundation of the American economy is not manufacturing or small business, trade or agriculture - it's lawsuits. Hundreds of millions - if not billions - of dollars are spent every year, many of them (directly or indirectly) by you and I as taxpayers. Can you imagine how much of your money is being spent on Der Furor's employment of the law as a deadly weapon, and on the law as a shield against other lawsuits being filed to try to rein him in? How much money are we spending on a Supreme Court that is largely proving to be an enabling function for Der Furor's dreams of monarchy supported by unconstrained wealth and power?

This classic tune by Warren Zevon should be the anthem for this sad time in our history ...


Here are the lyrics, if you're interested ...

I went home with the waitress
The way I always do
How was I to know
She was with the Russians too?

I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns, and money
Dad, get me out of this
Ha!

I'm the innocent bystander
And somehow I got stuck
Between the rock and the hard place
And I'm down on my luck
Yes, I'm down on my luck
Well, I'm down on my luck

Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Send lawyers, guns, and money
Send lawyers, guns, and money
Send lawyers, guns, and money
Yeah

The shit has already hit the fan. Send a really big cleanup crew to aisle 250, stat.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warren Zevon, one my favorites.

Mike said...

Guns and money for sure.