We haven't heard from The Parody Project for a while, but it's high time we brought back their marvelous song parodies that skewer those in need of skewering. This takeoff on Bob Dylan's 1974 classic "Shelter from the Storm" is a wonderful takedown of Der Furor and his favorite things ...
And the lyrics ...
Could be another lifetime, one that's soiled with crudWhere harshness is a virtue and anger holds a grudgeHe came in filled with bitterness, then ravaged like a stormCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornLooks like he's passed this way again, I know it seems absurdHe'll always do what best for him, and never keeps his wordIn a world of peaceful protests, he'll send the heat to swarmCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornNot a lucid word is spoken; his brain is uninvolvedEvery time he makes a speech the problem goes unsolvedWe tried hard to envision how we could change the normCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornWe're burdened with unhappiness; our hopes did not prevailWe gathered with the masses along the campaign trailWe scattered when projectiles flew as he had police lines formCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornRemember when they turned around and he was standin' thereIn front of an old sacred church with tear gas in the airHe held a Bible high aloft, you could see his devil hornsCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornHe built a wall between us, democracy's the costHe takes it all for granted, he's got his wires crossedWe shoulda known when it all began; so many tried to warnCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornWell, his lackeys do just as they're told, our anger really mountsBut nothing ever matters much, it's he alone that countsAnd the windbag bigot bully, with hair like yellow cornCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornHe'll never care 'bout you or me he sees himself aboveAnd old man with a store-bought tan; we'd rather be rid ofHe has no understanding and is constantly forlornCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornIn a rundown Palm Beach villa, he'd hidden all he knowsThen heightened our frustration by thwarting all the probesThey bought and sold his ignorance and got the charges shornCome in, he said I'll give ya tariffs, lies and scornWell, it feels like we're in a foreign land, afraid we're marking timeOur salvation walks a razor's edge; he'll claim that it's all fineIf we could just turn back the clock to before his base was bornWe wouldn't have to live our lives with tariffs, lies and scorn
Elections are coming. When you go to the polls, remember who it was who promised big, but gave you tariffs, lies, and scorn.
Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.
Bilbo
No comments:
Post a Comment