Saturday, February 07, 2009

Random Bonus Thought...

I was reading over the High School Meme post and was reminded of a story concerning Mrs Smith the Humanities teacher...

In my senior year, I had Mrs Smith's class immediately following the Civics and Government class taught by Mr Richard Horst. At one point Mrs Smith was teaching a section on the great European philosophers, and I told her that I was glad I had her class after Mr Horst's.

"Why?", she asked.

Because, I answered, it just wouldn't do to put Descartes before the Horst.

I never understood why she didn't fail me on the spot.

3 comments:

Mike said...

So you've been weird pretty much your whole life.

Bilbo said...

Yep, pretty much. What's your point?

Melissa B. said...

I actually have a student this year who is that bright & that witty...but Cherubs like that are few & far between! BTW...don't forget Sx3 tomorrow. It has a Texas-sized theme. Something about armadillos?