Monday, November 24, 2014

CIA Reorganization


You probably saw the news reports last week about CIA Director* John Brennan's consideration of "sweeping plans" to reorganize the nation's premiere intelligence agency**. Mr Brennan is concerned that the current long-standing structure - based on two major directorates, one for intelligence collection and the other for analysis - is not the best arrangement for the threats faced by the country today. He appointed an internal committee earlier this year to examine the problem and report back to him.

I'm not sure why they didn't ask me to participate on the committee as an outside advisor. It must have been an oversight. As it happens, I have a reorganization plan to offer that's probably as good as anything else they'll come up with ...


It's not quite as good as my immigration reform plan, but it's probably as good as anything Congress could come up with ... because you just know that Congress will be happy to tell the CIA how to do its job. They can't do their own job, but they're great at telling the rest of the government how to do theirs.

Whattaya think? How does my plan look? What have I missed? Leave a comment.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

* His actual title is "Director of Central Intelligence" or "DCI."

** Things just aren't the same since Maxwell Smart left Control.

7 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A great reorganization plan! It's nice that it includes room for spare lawyers. Could there also be a category of "pink helicopters" just for confusion
s sake.

Linda Kay said...

I think we need a music department to add a new dimension of drama to any reporting or espionage. James Bond and Jason Bourne would be a great addition. Looks like Matt Damon is coming back for a new movie anyway. He should be right for the job.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You're running for office when?

Mike said...

If I rent a cave, do you think I could get the government to deliver a pallet of hundreds to me?

On second thought, maybe I should buy a cave. Then I could rent it out and take a percentage of the deliveries.

Banana Oil said...

No department of dirty tricks? I wonder how I would look in leather...like a short dominatrix?

Anemone said...

It must be cool to wear leather or be a warlord in a mountain.

And openings for warladies?

Duckbutt said...

The CIA could be improved with some James Bond-like hardware.