Saturday, July 25, 2026

Cartoon Saturday


I sure wish there was the equivalent of a "Skip Ad" button on this %#$@! month.

Der Furor has signed an agreement to provide nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia (the country that produced most of the 9/11 hijackers), but without safeguards to prevent diversion of nuclear fuel to weapon development ... what could possibly go wrong?; in publicly-released court documents, Der Furor's regime has admitted that it canceled $7.6 billion in grants for hundreds of clean energy projects “based solely on the political identity (i.e., having voted for Kamala Harris in the 2024 presidential election) of the grant recipient’s state;” what's left of the Food and Drug Administration is investigating another outbreak of cyclosporiasis, the "projectile diarrhea" illness that’s sickened at least 72 people across the country; the House of Representatives, having done enough damage for the moment, adjourned for its August vacation on July 23rd; and in Farmington Hills, Michigan, a man facing a misdemeanor criminal charge for allegedly dumping animal remains (mostly red snapper fish and pigeons) at a local cemetery entrance for months told police it was a religious practice to protect himself from death.

This week, in honor of the premiere of the new film version of the classic story, The Odyssey, I thought a collection of cartoons featuring the famed Trojan Horse would be appropriate ... 

So, how many clowns do you think will fit into that little horse? ...


You don't suppose that ... nah, they wouldn't do that, would they? ...


Design flaw ...


It's either a perfect match or a perfect mismatch ...


I'm thinking they should go with Plan B ...


Uh, oh ...


Giving away the game ...


I think Christopher Nolan really missed out when he named his movie "The Odyssey" instead of "Troy Story" ...


I can't think of a more horrible weapon to unleash on an enemy ...


I wonder if Troy got an oil painting with proof of delivery to the wrong address ...


And that's it for your odyssey through my collection of trojan horse cartoons ... I hope it helped you get past the latest week of ass clownery.

Have a good day and a great weekend, and be sure to come back tomorrow for Musical Sunday as Joe Ely knocks down a row of dominoes. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

No comments: