I usually have my "favorites" playlist running on my phone while I'm working in the garden, and it finally cycled long enough to bring up this great tune written by Butch Hancock and performed by Joe Ely - "Row of Dominoes" ...
Here are the lyrics:
Carmen must have been the devil's daughterAt least he taught her how to wear her clothesAnd the boys followed her to the slaughterWhere they fell like a row of dominoesThey fell like a row of dominoesDon't let your past drive you underYou know how a memory comes and goesThe years rolled away just like thunderWhere they fell like a row of dominoesThey fell like a row of dominoesWon't you tell me how you been?Don't just say that you've been feelin' fine.Havin' that feelin' againThere's a whole lot more to lay on the lineThere's a whole lot more layin' on the lineShare and share alike you know I love youBut I also love the way the wild wind blowsSo don't set your dreams up there above youWhere they'll fall like a row of dominoesThey'll fall like a row of dominoesThey say a fool never knows what he missesAnd a wise man never misses what he knowsWhat can I say? Your ten thousand kissesFell on me like a row of dominoesFell on me like a row of dominoesWon't you tell me how you been?Somethin' more than you've been feelin' fine?Havin' that feelin' againAnd the dominoes are standin' in a lineThe dominoes are standin' in a line
I think this song contains one of the most awesome lines ever:
Carmen must have been the devil's daughterAt least he taught her how to wear her clothes
That one just sends shivers down my back every time I hear it ... but then again, I'm pretty impressionable.
Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.
Bilbo
1 comment:
Good song -- haven't heard it before.
Post a Comment