Saturday, September 26, 2026

Cartoon Saturday


Oh, for Pete's sake, when is this verkakte month going to end???

Der Furor delivered his usual sober and statesmanlike address at the U.N. General Assembly opening on Tuesday, saying that he needed to decide whether to strike a deal with Iranian leaders or “annihilate the Islamic republic;” the Trump Supreme Court ™ approved the regime to use a database that that combines citizenship information, Social Security numbers and other sensitive data about millions of Americans, to hunt for ineligible voters; Chinese autocrat Xi Jinping was greeted for a state visit to the United States with over-the-top pomp and ceremony by American wannabe autocrat Der Furor; and in (where else?) Florida, a man stopped for speeding (75 in a 65 mph zone) was arrested after police found an AK-47, 77 grams of methamphetamine, a digital scale, a glass pipe, and 11 pounds of illicitly-harvested saw palmetto berries in his vehicle.

This week, I was too lazy to curate a themed collection, so we'll just do a cartoon potpourri. 

You may need to be a history buff to get this one, but I think it's hilarious ...


This one is really clever ...


Mr Hegseth fired a few generals to make room for him ...


It's coming ...


I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was really in the fine print ...


When your chief advisor is a lovelorn creature named Natalie ...


Having spent a lot of game nights with my grandchildren, I can vouch for the accuracy of this cartoon ...


One of the funnier sight gags ...


Ink is about the only thing more expensive than gas and diesel nowadays ...


This isn't as funny as it ought to be ...


Was this enough to help you over the travails of the week? I hope so.

Have a good day and a great weekend, and come back tomorrow for the last Poetry Sunday of the month. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I laughed at all of these and stole a couple, thanks!