Saturday, October 03, 2009

I Know You Were Expecting Cartoon Saturday, But...

Good morning from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!

Agnes and I are here to visit my father and to attend the 40th reunion of my high school graduating class. That's the good news. The bad news is that we didn't bring my laptop with all my files on it, and so I don't have access to my cartoon library...hence, Cartoon Saturday will appear either late tomorrow or Monday this week. It'll confuse Mike, but I'm sure the rest of you can deal with it.

The reunion is actually tonight, but last night a group of us got together for a pre-reunion reunion. We started at a local pub called The Fox and Hound, which was packed with rowdy 20-somethings loudly celebrating the Steelers or the Penguins or something like that. It was so loud and crowded that we had to move on to the more sedate environs of the Holiday Inn ... a true mark of virtual old-fogie-dom. In spite of the dinner that took more than two hours to arrive, we had a nice time getting re-acquainted, and got a head start on all the picture taking. Last night there were about ten of us grads, plus dates and spouses...tonight we're expecting about 150, so things ought to be interesting. Stay tuned.

I saw this morning that Amanda is back up on the net...good to hear from her and know she's safe after all the flooding and tsunamis and earthquakes and such in her part of the world. In Washington, we don't have tsunamis and earthquakes...we have Congress. Maybe we should trade.

Okay, time to wake Agnes up and get started on a new day. Watch for the rescheduled Cartoon Saturday, and the reunion report, coming to your screen soon.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hope the reunion goes well.

Mike said...

Here I had a chance to do a back up cartoon Saturday and MISSED it!