Friday, October 23, 2009

Random Observations and Complaints for a Friday

1. Conservative commentator Ann Coulter has made the breathtakingly amazing claim that every terrorist and presidential assassin is a liberal. That whistling sound you hear is the wind passing between her ears.

2. Microsoft has released Windows 7. I have enough computer problems at the moment without this. According to Ann Coulter, all the Windows software engineers are liberals.

3. A Northwest Airlines flight from San Diego to Minneapolis apparently overshot its destination by about 150 miles on Wednesday evening. The pilots claimed they were so busy arguing about company policies that they lost track of where they were. Investigators suspect they may have been asleep. Ann Coulter says they're liberals. This is not the sort of thing I need to hear about as I get ready to fly to Los Angeles next week.

4. I did my part to stimulate the economy last night by paying a tow truck operator a wad of cash to tow Agnes's car after the fuel line ruptured, stranding her in a dismal part of town.

5. My Mac has frozen up because of a "corrupted drive," and my laptop stubbornly continues to refuse to connect to the Internet or to shut down/start up normally. Can a computer be a liberal?

6. The weather forecasters are predicting some pretty intense rain this afternoon through tomorrow. %#$! liberals. Of course, I can't find my copy of Ark Building for Dummies.

Yep, I'm ready to see the end of this week. I'm really ready to go dancing tonight. And Mike isn't the only one who needs Cartoon Saturday.

You know it's rough when you actually look forward to going to work.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

9 comments:

Amanda said...

:( Not a nice sounding Friday..and its only just beginning for you.

Unfortunately, mine is ending and I don't want it to. I want to a Craft Expo for the entire day (without Aaron)!!!

Hope your day turns out better than it started.

Bandit said...

Stay away from the new-Q-ler button today.

KKTSews said...

Maybe Amanda's cheerfullness will rub off on you--you need it!

Do you seriously question if your computers are liberals? Of course they are! Hello--silicon valley is in CA and we all KNOW everyone in CA is a liberal (except the governator). Ergo--everything associated with a computer is liberal. This is reinforced by the fact that Microsoft is HQ in Seattle, another one of those stinking liberal strongholds. Sheesh! Don't know you ANYTHING??

Leslie David said...

Yeah, those right-wing "liberals" with guns...

Sympathy on the computer problems--my laptop is out for repair--Dell uses a proprietary hard drive and a replacement would cost a lot and have substantially less memory than the one I purchased. Fortunately my computer guy found a solution but in the meantime I'm on my desktop which is about 7 years old and desperately needs replacing.

Wait, you're traveling next week? Does this mean we'll miss your presence at the studio party?

Bilbo said...

Amanda - it's the Arts and Crafts show season here...if I wasn't broke before, I'll be broke now!

Bandit - too, too true.

Katherine - (hangs head).

Leslie - I should be back in plenty of time for the party, unless the pilots fall asleep and we overshoot the airport...

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I ponder why some whacknut hasn't tried to silence Ann a bit more...erm permanently. That woman scares me.

Mike said...

The rain just came through the midwest. Get ready for liberal amounts.

allenwoodhaven said...

Whenever something bad happens to me, like a flat tire, computer problem, or hearing what Ann Coulter thinks, I tell myself that I'm saving my luck for something more important.

What would that be? Winning the lottery would be great, but not getting run over by that tractor trailer on the highway works for me too....

Mrs. Geezerette said...

It has been suggested that Obama could bridge the gap between Liberals and Conservatives by meeting with Ann Coulter and Bill Maher and discussing the whole thing with them over some beers.

You know, it could be that beer has been the answer all along to all our problems. I'll drink to that.