Yesterday morning while reading the Washington Post, I noticed this article: Limbaugh to Be Pageant Judge.
Yes, dear readers, someone has finally found a use for odious blowhard Rush Limbaugh - he will be one of the seven judges of the 2010 Miss America Pageant.
This got me to thinking about what changes we might expect in the Miss America Pageant judging process with Rush Limbaugh as a judge...
1. Only right-handed girls have a chance of winning. Lefties may as well forget it.
2. The first round of competition will involve providing proof of voter registration. Only registered Republicans need apply.
3. The only acceptable colors for evening gowns and swimsuits will be red, white, and blue. All must be used together.
4. Extra points provided in the interview round for denouncing "liberals" in general, with bonus points for excoriating specific "liberal" concepts or individual Democrats.
5. The official Miss America tiara will feature dittoes in its design.
Rush Limbaugh as a Miss America judge. Oh, well...at least the competition is being held in Las Vegas, where all the extra hot air won't be noticed.
Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.
P.S. - A bonus quotation from Jean Kerr: "I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"