Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Place Holder

It's about 5:15 AM, and Agnes and I have just finished digging out from our latest six inches of snow. I need to get into the shower and get ready to go to work, so I won't have time to do my regular post this morning. I'll try to do it this evening when I get home from work.

Have a good day. Stay warm. Dig out.

More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

P.S. - I wonder who makes the decision to keep the Federal Government open when most workers can't get out of their untreated neighborhoods to the main roads that are well-treated. Hmmm...

B.

5 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Don't you know it doesn't matter if adults get killed going to work?

Don't you wish you still lived in PA where the snow doesn't fly as much. Funny that's North of you isn't it.

allenwoodhaven said...

Everyone has to get to work no matter the weather to prove that they are essential employees. If they were unessential, then they might not be needed at all....

Perhaps you should invest in a good snowblower. Even if you don't use it often, it is far easier than shoveling and you can always rent it out to your neighbors!

Mike said...

I think you should retire! And then get into politics. HA!

Leslie David said...

The government is free to open at anytime they want--I'm no longer willing to risk my life to get there for them. Normally at work by 9, I left at 9 and made it in by 9:30 because all the other crazies were either at work already or staying home. The worst part of my commute is getting out of our subdivision which is never plowed.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Just when you think the snow has gone...