Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good Editor Still Wanted

I got all excited this morning when I saw on the Blogger dashboard that I had 1,998 posts. Wow! Only two more posts until I hit the magic 2,000 number!

Well, not so fast there, Bilbo ... I added up the number of posts on my archive list (over on the left side of the screen), which totals only 1,975. Why the difference? Is Blogger playing with what's left of my mind in this election year? AARRGGHH!!

Well, anyhow, I guess I'll err on the side of caution and assume that the smaller number is correct, meaning that we'll celebrate the Big 2,000 sometime next month. Next week (on Thursday) will be my sixth blogoversary, and it would have been nice to have the two events come together, but I'll take what I can get.

But you don't care about statistics, you care about other stuff ... like more great moments in editing. Here we go ...

I wonder if this is where all those dance lessons will finally end up ...

I wonder if it's just the math majors who are having the reunion ...

And if they're in the majority of the class of 1971 ...

Despite what you might think, it really is a good idea to know a second language ...

Most cops I know could work with this description of the perp ...

I don't think Agnes will be letting me stay at this particular hotel on my next trip ...

I wonder if these guys will be catering the continental breakfasts at the Republican and Democratic conventions later this year ...

What? Are you kidding?? STOP THE PRESSES!!! ...

It just might work, as long as the improvements include big-screen TVs and in-cell minibars ...

Well, I guess you've got to be practical when you make a big investment like this ...

I'm down for maintenance today with a terrible cold, so I think I'll just go back to bed for a while. Check back tomorrow to see if the coroner has been by.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

6 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A bâtard is a type of French bread made with the same dough as the baguette. Its name has more to do with its shape: it's bigger in diameter but shorter in length. The word bâtard in French means “bastard”. That may be where that typo came from.

The typos were a hoot!

Banana Oil said...

Will Lincoln County advertise it as a boutique slammer?

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I hope you will feel better soon, Bilbo!

Mike said...

'the two events come together'

Hey, you're not doing anything productive today. Crank out about 20 new posts. Get those numbers lined up. Be a good politician and manipulte the facts. One post a day? HA!

Duckbutt said...

I hope you will feel better soon, Bill, and no secondary infections that linger like a shiftless brother-in-law.

That person in one of those gave the Seattle Police a lot to go on!

And the class reunion group: maybe they're trying to think young.

Amanda said...

Hope you're feeling better. And I agree with Mike that you should strive to make those two numbers meet.