Wednesday, February 08, 2012

More Great Moments in Editing

Yesterday morning I had my periodic physical exam. The doctor said I was in excellent shape (round is a shape, right?) for a man of my age, which was good news. The bad news, of course, was that in order to get to that final judgment, I had to get past two booster shots and the dreaded prostate exam.

Today has just got to be better than that.

How about a few more entries from our Great Moments in Editing collection? ...

Well, I guess this helps explain why they would elect someone like Mitch McConnell to the Senate ...

Maybe they could hire the same folks who couldn't figure out why so much cash was disappearing from the DC Metro transit system accounts ...

If you're going to have to sit out a major storm, you need more things than just lunch meat and toilet paper ...

I wonder if these work better than Preparation H ...

How did we catch evildoers before ubiquitous video cameras? ...

I suppose this would be a reasonable approach to the problem of high gas prices ...

Oddly enough, this is why I usually go there ...

And finally for today's collection, I'm not sure I needed this much information on what goes on behind those ivy-covered walls ...

We're expecting a minor winter "storm" here in Disneyland-on-the-Potomac today, with accumulations of perhaps an inch here in Fairfax County. While not much of a storm by current European standards, it will certainly be enough to make everyone around here hysterical, especially during the afternoon rush hour. I can hardly wait.

Have a good day. Stay warm. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

6 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Gee, the economy even hit federal largesse.

A new bra can come in handy during winter storms, or do they have a line of fur-lined lingerie at V.S.

They better look into why sewers smell -- could be a grant opportunity.

Big Sky Heidi said...

These headlines was hoots. Keep warm, Bilbo!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I always enjoy these Bill, however the comment on "you're great for your age" is not one of my favorites.
I'm attempting to lose a couple more pounds and my doctor actually said to me that for a woman my age I shouldn't be a whole lot thinner.
Apparently being almost 56 you can be a bit chubby. Who knew? While that was good to know I still hate hearing a "woman my age" Jeez.
Pass the cheesecake.

Bilbo said...

Peg,
I am also trying to lose weight, but seem only to find the weight that is lost by others. Thanks a lot. For what it's worth, I've always thought that ladies should be a bit more plump than the popular ideal seems to be. When I dance with a lady, I like to feel like I'm hugging a pillow full of warm milk, not a bag of coat hangers. ;-)

vw: ismarg - it is you, isn't it?

Mike said...

What did Kentucky do with the money that was left over?

Prostate exam? My doctor is special. To make things more comfy he turns down the lights and plays some Johnny Mathis (Chances Are).

Wv: - surrub - Peewee Hermans' new title after being knighted by the queen.

Duckbutt said...

"Northwest College Picks Nose" is an example of a headline that headline-writers only dream about.