Saturday, August 22, 2026

Cartoon Saturday


Can we please hurry up and get this month over with?

Having failed to alienate enough allies, Der Furor this week threatened to "bomb the [feces] out of" Oman if it interferes with his plans (such as they are) to open the Strait of Hormuz, and ordered the Department of Defense (not War) to scale back "insulting" (to fellow autocrat Kim Jong-un) military exercises with South Korea; the national debt has exceeded a staggering 40 trillion dollars; the share of Americans who say they drink alcohol remains at a record-low 54% for the second consecutive year; after reports of a weakening job market in the United States, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent on Thursday claimed that the economy needs to produce fewer jobs because deportations and reduced immigration have reduced the size of the needed workforce; and in Romania, a body was found in the search for an 18-year-old who went missing while hiking near Dracula’s castle ... there was no word on whether the body had been drained of blood.

This week, in honor of dealing with news that never ends and never seems to improve, I thought a collection of cartoons about Sisyphus, the original hard rock artist, would be topical ... 

I can sympathize ...


This is sooooo accurate ...


This could have been Der Furor, except he's never done enough work to warrant a comparison to Sisyphus ...


I never thought about it before, but this would be a beautiful friendship ...


But he'd need at least three for a stereotypical snowman, wouldn't he? Might take a while ...


I wonder if that would actually have worked ...


Rockin' with the oldies ...


I'm not sure that would be any better but, hey - go for it ...


Now, this is a Sisyphean task I can understand ...


Uh, oh ...


And that's it for this week's Cartoon Saturday, dedicated to everyone employed in a miserable, dead-end job. I love my retirement.

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow, when Musical Sunday joins The Grandsons for a look at how the other half lives. See you then.

Bilbo

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Sisyphus versus the Itsy Bitsy Spider! I wonder who would win?