Thursday, August 13, 2026

Thursday Trees


Welcome back to the temporary home of Thursday Trees!

1 - A baobab tree. I always thought they looked as if they'd been planted upside-down ...


2 - 


3 - I took this picture during a bus trip from Whittier to Anchorage, Alaska, in 2004. During the Great Alaskan Earthquake of 1964, the ground level dropped between six and eight feet, and sea water rushed in to cover the land. The salt in the water killed the trees and preserved the trunks; the waters eventually receded, and today miles and miles of dead, white-bleached trees remain. 


4 - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania ...


5 - 


6 - 


7 - 


8 - 


9 - A mango tree on Mo'orea Island, French Polynesia ...


10 - The Paradisweg ("Paradise Trail") in the Black Forest, Germany ...


Enjoy the shade! Thursday Trees will be back next week, and you can join us tomorrow for another edition of Great Moments in Editing and Signage ... more thoughts then.

Bilbo

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, I've been to Mo'orea Island! I don't remember seeing that mango tree, though.