Monday, May 31, 2010

Who Stole My Weekend?

All of a sudden, it's Monday. And Saturday and Sunday are a blur.

That used to happen more often when I was in college, and weekends were filled with ... well ... all the things college students fill up weekends with. Now, though, we fill up holiday weekends with things like family reunions and travel and such.

I have spent the last two days being run ragged by all five grandchildren, plus my sister's kids. I'm pooped out. I have to go back to work just to relax.

Perhaps you would like to have an idea of how I spent the last two days. And perhaps you wouldn't. But since it's my blog, we'll do it my way. Here are a few pictures of a busy weekend with part of the family...

Joe rows dad, brother Noah, and grandpa down the ... lawn ... in Uncle Ed's canoe. The river was just a bit too far...

All the kids gang up on poor cousin Eddie in the Apocalyptic Noodlefight...

Great Grandpa gets a chance to meet his newest great-grandchild, Elise. She didn't seem too sure about the whole thing, but Great Grandpa enjoyed it...

You have to have a group picture at any family gathering. If you're one of my Facebook friends, you've seen this one already...Agnes and I with son Jason, daughter Yasmin, daughter-in-law Tabitha, all five grandchildren, plus niece Elena, nephew Eddie, and Great Grandpa. And Leya, true to form, is giving her Opa an earful. Is this a great family or what?

The motel where we always stay in Pittsburgh has a nice pool, and over the course of the weekend, we made liberal use of it. Leya tried out her new swim vest and water wings, and discovered that this swimming thing is really fun...

On Sunday, we took the kids to the Pittsburgh Zoo, which is much nicer than the nasty, run-down old zoo we had when I was growing up there (in Pittsburgh, I mean, not at the zoo, Mike). I won't bore you with all the wildlife pictures, but I did like this one...Leya, Elena, and Marcy hangin' out at lunch...

So...

We had a great time. In just three weeks, Agnes and I will go to Ohio to watch Marcy in her annual dance recital...this year, she will be appearing in every act AND the finale, so it should be a great show. I'll blog about that later.

Anyhow, sorry about missing Cartoon Saturday this past weekend, but - as you can see - I was a little busy. And I did warn you on Friday, after all. I'll make it up to you this coming Saturday.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

John A Hill said...

Glad that you had a great weekend. Nothing like time with the family.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Mike said...

Good time time is the fastest time there is.

Wv: alast - What the captain says to the matey when he's tired of telling him to do something.

Leslie David said...

Great pictures as usual.

Bilbo said...

John - true dat!

Andrea - we surely did!

Mike - all too true...

Leslie - awww...so, when do I get to dance with you again??