Saturday, March 02, 2024

Cartoon Saturday


Well, it didn't take this month long to go south, did it? 

The Supreme Court threw Der Furor yet another lifeline of protection from accountability, agreeing to hear - but not until April - his case arguing that unlimited presidential immunity allowed him to try to overturn the 2020 election; more than 100 people were reported dead when a crowd apparently attempted to storm trucks delivering aid in Gaza; voters in Michigan delivered mixed messages to both Der Furor and President Biden in Tuesday's primary election; Congress once again kicked the fiscal can down the road, passing two continuing resolutions to fund parts of the government through March 8th and March 22nd; and in (where else?) Florida, the former manager of a Dunkin' Donuts store in the town of Largo accused of stealing $153,000 from the business explained the money in her bank accounts by saying “[the] extra income was from her boyfriend’s narcotics sales.” 

The news has made me feel pretty curmudgeonly lately, so I thought a collection of cartoons about cranky old age would be appropriate ... 

If only ...


Those are the sorts of places I hang out, now ...


Mine's always wrinkled ...


I don't think I can afford it ...


All my warning lights are on ...


Depends on the day ...


Yep ... me, too ...


Yes, it's fun. Yes, it's also an honorary title ...


This is as true as it gets ...


I was born less than 100 years after the end of the Civil War ... it tends to put history in perspective ...


And that's the way it is for the first Cartoon Saturday of March, 2024 - I hope you enjoyed it. Have a good day and a great weekend, and plan to come back tomorrow for Poetry Sunday ... more thoughts then.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

You could have left that Civil War comment out. 😵

allenwoodhaven said...

You had me at curmudgeonly. Still laughing at check knee light!