Monday, March 04, 2024

Fine Print


Do you read all the fine print that everyone bombards you with?

I try to, but it's a challenge - not just because my eyes aren't what they used to be and the print is so insanely small, but because all that small print is written for lawyers, not for those of us in the great unwashed.

Here's a picture of yours truly with the latest set of terms and conditions from one of my credit cards. This is the front side ... the back side is also fully covered with the finest of fine print. Do I know everything it says? Sort of. I actually read it, but the ratio of what I could comprehend after translating it from the legal equivalent of Old Church Slavonic to Common English Real People Can Understand was shockingly small.


Why I despise lawyers, Part 792. Parts 1 through 791 deal with their undermining of democracy.

Have a good day. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

1 comment:

Mike said...

At first, I thought that was a CVS receipt.