Sunday, March 31, 2024

Poetry Sunday

 
We can make the time for the things that are important. Especially nowadays, when there's so much shouting at each other, it's nice to just take a minute to chat.

A Time to Talk 
by Robert Frost 

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don’t stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven’t hoed,
And shout from where I am, 'What is it?’
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.


Have a good day and enjoy your Easter Sunday weekend. Pull up a wall and stay a while ... I've got more thoughts coming.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

Always take the opportunity to stop working.

allenwoodhaven said...

Did not know this one; glad to know it now!