Friday, March 15, 2024

Great Moments in Editing and Signage


It's the ides of March, and time for us to take another stab (sorry) at Great Moments in Editing and Signage ... 

The 2024 official drink of the undecided voter ...


As endorsed by Alabama Senator Katie Britt in her bizarre State of the Union rebuttal last week ...


The high-caliber standard for modern American manhood ...


I'm no expert, but I think it's a bit late for that ...


Just what ... or who ... are we exhuming, here? ...


Has there ever been a better room number assigned for an office? ...


If I were going to pay $49 for an eerie antique wall sconce, I'd want it full evil ...


If this is the #1 school district in the state, I wonder which one is #2 ...


If I were going to name my "Christian center," I think I'd pick a less ... uh ... suggestive name ...


If this is the sermon topic at the Third Presbyterian Church, I wonder what the topics are at the First and Second ...


And, as the late, great Walter Cronkite would have said, that's the way it is for today's collection of great moments. I hope it brought a smile ... if not a grimace ... to your face.

Have a good day, and come back tomorrow for Cartoon Saturday. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

3 comments:

Mike said...

The last two just make you want to do a facepalm.

The 199K house in Mississippi would probably go for 5,000K on the coasts. But I'm still, no thanks.

allenwoodhaven said...

The machine gun toy is amazing, both in of itself and that it existed at all for a then expensive $3.00! I certainly would have advised a name change. I imagine the price deterrent prevented a lot of injures. I'd love to give it a try!

Great collection; thanks!

jenny_o said...

The defibrillator for the crematorium - LOL

I really can't believe that makers of kids "exciting fun - no danger" guns and the writers of sermon titles are so naive they don't know exactly what they're doing :)